Update Info - 2022
• Taking Back The Night - Take a minute and read Myron's well thought-out letter to our camp. Our original camp was made up of simple shelters and lights that were reminiscent of the skills we came to teach and learn. We have grown to accommodate a wide variety of modern "shelters" as well. Unfortunately in that process we have lost a bit of the connection to those earlier times and values. In an effort to recapture them, we are encouraging you to reduce dependance on intense lighting, and we do not want external generators running in the area set aside for trailers - they should be self-contained and set up to meet your needs for the week without unwanted noise in camp.
• 2022 What to Expect -We're all experiencing that pain at the gas pump and grocery store. Hopefully a week in camp will provide you a rest from the world and a chance to get back to basics. We're doing our best to hold expenses down and make your time in camp a pleasant and affordable one. Unfortunately we have had to adjust prices slightly, but to help out, we will keep our adult price at $325 - same as the last 5 years.
We are also asking that trailers have self-contained generators - the quiet kind - and will not allow external generators in camp. Just as this technology messed up a quiet camp, occasionally bright lights spoiled the night. Lamptime is time for the sun to go down and soft lights to come up. Please respect our requests as we address the problem of noise - including pre-recorded amplified music - and annoying lights we had in camp last year.
• 2022 Covid Protocols -We don't anticipate many changes for 2022 other than continuing to limit our food service to Dinner only. We will have full-time servers and kitchen staff. As well as a central wash station for keeping utensils clean. A refund or carry-over are available until August 15 if, for some reason, things return to unacceptable levels.
• 2022 Trailer/Motorhome Policy + new camp items - Here are some updates that might affect how you camp. Please read them carefully.
• 2022 Class Schedule - Instructors have started filling-in the class schedule for RS-34. Here is a copy of a recent class schedule for you to get an idea of how the week may look. We are currently conducting a staff-roll call to see who will be coming this year, so not everyone on the old schedule will be here, and some new ones will be added for your enjoyment. Sign-ups for classes with limited space and materials fees takes place opening day.
• Class Reminders -
More and more families are attending every year. A reminder to parents that Kids Camp is a half day program. Please be aware of that and plan your sechedule accordingly.