- Life In Camp -
Check In: Begins Sunday at 10am
*Please follow the printed event schedule and do not arrive too early.
* All fees must be paid prior to the event's opening.
* All Participants must check-in and obtain an ID tag. This tag will be your
meal ticket and class access badge, so don't lose it.
* Everyone who registers will be maintained on the Backtracks mailing list.
* We have an open hearth / family style cook area and we'll need you to
lend a hand, serving at meal time and helping to clean-up afterward.
Volunteers will be solicited at morning and evening circles.
* Meals will be simple, common menus. A vegetarian option will be
available for breakfast and supper; you are on your own for lunch.
* Meals will be served from dinner on Sunday through breakfast on Saturday.
If you arrive early or stay late, plan to provide your own food.
* Bring extra food and beverages as needed. Food items may be obtained at
nearby, (6 miles) convenience stores.
* You need to supply your own utensils - cup, bowl, plate, spoon, knife, fork.
* No ground fires are permitted in camps. Bring a fire pan if you need a fire.
* Do not gather natural firewood from the site. A central pile of wood will be
* Do not leave charcoal or ash in campsites. Move all residue to the central
fire pit when striking camp.
* With changes in the fire season, a Fire Ban may be in place for the event.
* Attend to your own garbage. Don't throw garbage in the main fire pit.
* Trash cans are not provided. Please take responsibility for your own trash
by taking it to town or otherwise disposing of it yourself.
* Compost bins will be provided for food scraps. Please do not put other
trash in them.
* Trash containers in the kitchen are for operations trash only. No personal
* Our camp is a primitive site and has no RV hook-ups. Plan to camp in tents,
tipis or vehicles that will remain parked. The camp has designated areas for
RV camps, auto/tent camps and a primitive camping area.
* Rabbitstick is held on private land. Please respect this fact by keeping the
site clean and orderly. Please keep your camp clean and remove all trash
and signs of fire when you leave.
* Please keep camp within the designated areas and well away from the
* Do not cut local plants for temporary needs.
* Most staff camp in the central instructors area, but some camp well away from late-night noise in the main campground area. Participants will camp in the
main camping areas. Quite hours begin at 10:30 in the main campground.
Please respect your neighbors with late-night noise at the central fire area.
* Cars are allowed in the camping area if you need to camp in them. Please
leave cars parked during the event. Otherwise, please park in the front
parking area. We experienced a lot of congestion each year due to cars in
* To eliminate traffic through the teaching area, the main access gate will
be closed from 9am to 5pm daily.
* Please be careful not to block entries to the front parking area.
* Please do not park cars and trucks in the instruction area. This detracts
from the primitive flavor of the site. Please unload and park in the
designated parking area.
* Please no radios, generators or car alarms in the main campground.
* Do not run cars in the campground to charge batteries or operate air
conditioners. If you use your car for a power supply, plan on taking it out of
camp for a recharge.
* Trailers and motor homes will be limited to the north edge of camp along the
river. Please follow the sigs in camp for designated camping areas.
* Make sure that you follow all safety rules and use protective gear as
recommended during any events that might require it. Parents please
keep children away from or properly supervise them in hazardous areas.
* To help keep you up-to-date on changes and additions, we will
re-announce class sites and times each morning.
* Please participate in the Sunday morning Blanket Fair 11am-1pm. Sunday
morning will be a sales and sign-up time. Instructors will sign up limited
enrollment classes at their blanket. Please do not ask for teaching
materials until classes begin.
* Please make a point to support evening events. Campfires have
consistently begun at 8 or 9pm, giving you a few hours to attend a talk
or relax after a hard day's work. Please refrain from electric noise in the main
* To qualify as staff, you must be scheduled in advance to teach approximately 20 hours (including campfire activities) during the week. Do not show up at the gate expecting to be scheduled as a teacher. Notify us of your desire to attend in advance by returning a Workshop Proposal Form & Instructor Application. We will contact you if your schedule is approved.